Insensitivity

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Ya I am experiencing lots of insensitivity nowadays. It's a tinge of apathy and insouciance discovered just recently in me. Worst thing, this feeling is like feeding on me like a parasite. I held myself aloof to some things now, and I can't seem to shake it off. This is dangerous, particularly because I am now stuck in a situation where I will need truckloads of spirit, alertness, enthusiasm and all the positive energy one can think of. It's getting increasingly difficult. For one, I am slowly feeling the inertia in whatever I do now, especially when they are CCA-related. Next, lethargy sinks in after a tiring day of academics and activity. I know age is catching up on me but more importantly, it's the dispassion that has finally surfaced. But it will be restrained, controlled and quarantined. It had to be. There are times when I believe that I do not live for myself.

我的生存或许是为了衬托他人的光辉。不是因为我伟大,但大家应该听过相形见绌吧。

I cannot fall as and when I like and can't even have the liberty to just brush things off my back. No.

我连选择堕落的权利都没有。

But what's the point of saying all this.

红楼梦至少教会我“春恨秋悲皆自惹”,下联对我就比较没意思。一切的一切怪得了谁啊,陷得如此深,除了自我嘲讽,真想牢牢实实地掴自己几个巴掌,但恐怕已很难被打醒了。

For choir SYF, I must train hard. Produce that excellent musicality and well-blended song. For LEP, I must work hard. Spread the seeds of enthusiasm in those fated to receive them. Find my successor and make a more united batch out of the j1s, at the same time continue to make sure there's sufficient interaction between the J2s even with everyone's tight schedule and even if I have to endure all difficulites. For Huangcheng, be it a loyalty to my promise in that appeal letter, an obligation on my part as a Huangcheng member forever, a genuine effort to help out in something that has given me so much more, a commitment willingly taken up to relive the old times, or simply a choice made with no reason but an inclination, give my best to create a memorable Huangcheng 2005.

I always tell myself whenever I am feeling numb with the things I do that noone owes me anything, and noone forced me to take up the things I do. So there's no reason to let anyone down. Sainty or just plain stupid. I decided maybe I should not be bogged down by all these. Like it or not, I still have to complete all these duties I have. And, even though I may be walking on my path alone, I still feel the warmth from the people around me at every checkpoint I cross. That, I think, would be enough.

Envoy of the Stars @ 9:57 PM
-------------------------------

Voices in the Distant

Free HTML Hit Counter

Credits

Project Sanctuary

Starry Night

Archives

September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
July 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
February 2013
April 2013
July 2013
August 2013
November 2013
February 2014
March 2014
March 2015