Trapped in between

Thursday, January 20, 2005

How wrong I was to be blinded by my injudicious and naive thinking that we will have sufficient juniors in both choir and Huang Cheng. I was proven sooo wrong. Choir wise, we had a lack of choristers. Correction, it's major shortage of GUYS. Everything works in a demand and supply theory in real life and I must say that for choir, the demand and supply for guys and gals differ in such an exaggerated way. It's really miles apart. Maybe lightyears. On one hand, we have this batch of super, top-quality girls hand-picked and sieved out from a ready pool made up of mostly ex-choristers from individual choirs spread out over Singapore. So those who were selected are really the cream of the crop, the best of the best. I can vouch for this after hearing that only one girl from my junior class 04A12 made it to the choir family when at least 6 went for auditions. (and the shocking thing is most were ex-choristers) On the other hand, we have a serious deprivation of capable guys. Capable here is already a word seriously undermined now that there is this crucial problem of having an all-girl's choir. But it seems that even by these standards, we just couldn't get good enough basses and tenors. The last I heard, we have just five new guys joining the club. In relativity to the 23 girls with solid choral background and trained voices, the choir can be so unbalanced. Then today I actually found out that a guy who got selected for a lead role in Huang Cheng got through the final round of auditions after quitting Huang Cheng. No comment on that except that I probably have to face him for the next few months. But that really put me once again in that sticky situation because while I am quite certain that guy will most probably end up as a bass, (and a Bass2 maybe) that doesn't make me any happier because of an uncertainty in his commitment. Hopefully, I won't hold him in doubt for too long.

And then spent a whole week being the Cui Chang. Really enjoyed laming and crapping and acting stupid. Invented funny songs and really cracked my brain searching for interesting ways to hurry and shepherd them home. Also, mixed around with the emcees and found them very nice to talk to. Haha it had been a tiring but interesting week. This year although we had very little time to rush through the preparations for the show, I am confident we can make it. We have to. We will. Same for Choir SYF. That gold with honours will be ours if we can cooperate. Remember the thing last year when we were only hoping we get into the finals... I guess dreams can really come true.

Envoy of the Stars @ 10:47 PM
-------------------------------

Voices in the Distant

Free HTML Hit Counter

Credits

Project Sanctuary

Starry Night

Archives

September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
July 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
February 2013
April 2013
July 2013
August 2013
November 2013
February 2014
March 2014
March 2015