Life Is Like A Boat

Wednesday, September 26, 2007


And the boat sometimes overturns in rough waters. So you either drown or hang onto something while trying to flip the boat upright again.

Firstly on my way home on a taxi after a full day at range, one of the tyres of the vehicle was suddenly punctured on the course of PIE expressway. A delay was obviously imminent and for someone who was so eager to head back home at around 2330 it was definitely dispiriting. But well I was quite "Ah Q" at that point in time, possibly because the taxi driver himself reminded me of my Staff who just left the organisation. Very happy-go-lucky. Slightly affected by this "suayness" but not complaining too much, only jokingly cursing at his tough luck.
Although I couldn't help much except lend a bit of strength to pulling out the screws of the tyre, I mused over the fact that at least now I have a bit of knowledge on how to change tyres now. The taxi driver was like calling his fellow friend to come over quickly to send me back home instead and if possible, help him with the changing of tyre but by the time the latter came, everything was done. But he still insisted I go on his friend's taxi or he will feel bad for making him travel all the way.

When I finally reach home, was going to log into my hotmail account as per normal when it suddenly rejected my signing on. Spent more than an hour trying to troubleshoot everything to no avail. I didn't remember changing my password either. In the end I decided to just start a newhotmail account. So yes this is a shout out to all: do add me if you please. The address is starvade. Thanks.

As my Ah Q-ness was still pervasive in me, I was thinking that probably this was fate's hand to force me to clear up my contact list, now that I have lost all. The inevident struck once again. But I still wish to choose. And I believe you too.

The title of this entry is the same as that of a japanese anime song sang by Rie Fu. The lyrics are quite nice and I have the translated one here.

Nobody knows who I really am
I never felt this empty before
And if I ever need someone to come along,
Who's gonna comfort me, and keep me strong?

We are all rowing the boat of fate
The waves keep on coming and we can't escape
But if we ever get lost on our way
The waves would guide you through another day

Far away, I'm breathing, as if I were transparent
It would seem I was in the dark, but I was only blindfolded

I give a prayer as I wait for the new day
Shining vividly up to the edge of that sea

Nobody knows who I really am
Maybe they just don't give a damn
But if I ever need someone to come along
I know you would follow me, and keep me strong

People's hearts change and sneak away from them
The moon in its new cycle leads the boats again
And every time I see your face
The ocean heaves up to my heart
You make me wanna strain at the oars, and soon
I can see the shore
Oh, I can see the shore
When will I see the shore?
I want you to know who I really am
I never thought I'd feel this way towards you
And if you ever need someone to come along,
I will follow you, and keep you strong

And still the journey continues on quiet days as well
The moon in its new cycle shines on the boats again

I give a prayer as I wait for the new day
Shining vividly up to the edge of that sea
And every time I see your face
The ocean heaves up to my heart
You make me wanna strain at the oars, and soon
I can see the shore

We are rowing the boat of fate, but the waves keep attacking us
But isn't that still a wonderful journey? Aren't any of them a wonderful journey?

-courtesy of http://www.animelyrics.com/

Envoy of the Stars @ 3:16 PM
-------------------------------

Voices in the Distant

Free HTML Hit Counter

Credits

Project Sanctuary

Starry Night

Archives

September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
July 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
February 2013
April 2013
July 2013
August 2013
November 2013
February 2014
March 2014
March 2015