
Back to movies..
Monday, June 23, 2008
Admittedly, I have not been watching too many movies nowadays, at least on the big screens. Compared to my past records of watching at least one movie per week every book-out, I have fallen behind quite abit and have taken to renting movie Dvds instead. But once in a while, when a must-watch comes along and someone is readily available for company, the old habit kicks up again and I just can't resist not traipsing off to the cinemas... Anyway, it is not exaggerative to say this season's blockbusters are overloaded with movie hits espousing a Superhero theme. Personally I am really looking forward to "The Dark Knight". The first installment awed me so much I regained faith in the Batman franchise, plus there's Christian Bale, another promising actor who delivers high standards. Then there's "Hancock" starring Will Smith. That's enough reason for me. Another movie I had been wanting to watch since a couple of months back when I missed it on the big screen is this.
I really like Edward Norton. Ever since watching him in "The Illusionist", I conclude he is really a very good charmer. Now before my sexual orientation goes under scrutiny, I must still risk it by saying he is a very good actor. Not the very bold and unconstrained type of actor with overflowing emotions seemingly gushing out from every pore, Norton acts in a more innate way that captivates and entrances one unknowingly. I think it's publicly reckoned that he possesses a pair of expressive eyes and the ability to move the audience. I thought he played Bruce Banner pretty well, and his chemistry with Liv Taylor as Bruce's love interest is commendable. I haven't watched "The Hulk" directed by Lee An but I heard that had a more spiritual layering to it. Of course, Eric Bana from "The Hulk" is a better looker and has a better phsique too but the protagonist is supposed to be pretty lean in the comic book. All in all, the action and thrilling bits are the selling points in this movie. Hulk smash!
For those who have no idea, this movie is about teenage pregnancy. Juno is the female lead who found out that she was pregnant after engaging in premature sex and went through some mild emotional struggle as she went through her labour. The portrayal of the film reminded me of the Adrian Mole series by Sue Townsend, somehow. It might be the maturity level of the protagonist and how the people around her are shown, or it might be the funny dialogue strewn with American humour. The film is sort of downsizes the gravity and seriousness of the topic talked about, focusing instead on family support and friendship. The mood is lighthearted on the whole but the messages the producers want to highlight on will have no trouble of being brought across to the audience, as long as one looks past the humour.
Envoy of the Stars @ 10:41 PM
-------------------------------
Voices in the Distant
Credits
Project Sanctuary Starry Night
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
July 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
February 2013
April 2013
July 2013
August 2013
November 2013
February 2014
March 2014
March 2015