
Flavours of Vietnam Episode 2
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Picking up from where we left, we shall now introduce the main highlight of our stay in Hanoi: Ha Long Bay. Zhehan's expression says, "The Sun is too glaring!" 今宵无星无月,海阔天地无边。白浪卷雪飞,烛光映水蓝。青山半没依故我,我登船头海上峰。万籁齐奏本无谱,一心所闻尽是曲。莫道闲愁难下肚,与君同饮千古风。 Greeted by such a pleasant view in the early morning after sleeping on a Queen-sized bed, what else can I say? Next episode we shall bade goodbye to Hanoi and continue our adventures down south of Vietnam.The Deluxe Junk...
Yes you are here mainly to view these half-submerged mountains.. There are about 1997 of these in the whole Ha Long Bay, if I don't remember wrongly. They are competing to get into the new 7 Wonders of the World.
On the deck.. Notice why noone is using the chairs.. That's because the sun is devilishly hot. My butt was scorched..
Yimeng definitely enjoyed Ha Long Bay alot, from the looks of it.. I am sure he enjoyed serenading the two Jap backpackers with his playlist on the deck later in the evening more.The picture does give me the impression it is screaming, "We love Ha Long Bay!"
Lunch on deck was supposed to be "luxurious". No complaints about that..
Especially when you see everyone digging into every plate and polishing it off the instant it is placed on the table. But then you have Zhehan with his "吃得快,因为不好吃”theory so there might be a little bit of dispute here and there.
Nice landscape. No those are not illusions..
The Vietnam flag flies high...
At the limestone caves
The very welcoming entrance The grottoes. Looks like something from an Indiana Jones movie.
We looked like expeditioners who have been through war.
We have seen the light!
Zhehan with the serious look, Yimeng with the statuette look, me with the tourist look. I like the contrast.
Those on the same boat, literally, with us.. There were Spaniards, Australians, Japanese and us. No I did not photoshop the effect came out like this.. I guess there's some truth when they say there's light at the end of the tunnel.
A normal day of a boatman.
A beautiful layout.
Yimeng appalled us when he bought this Corpia fish for US45... We all thought he was ripped off, but he was happy at the very least. But in the end we were the ones consoling him when he felt disappointed over the taste of the fish. It tasted very well to me though, or at least the taste of US45 bucks did. Thanks for the treat. ごちそうさまでした。
No I was not pissed, not even by the toilet bowl that couldn't flush when I need it to, nor the air-conditioner that is not working. Really. We actually kayaked in Ha Long Bay. The last time I did that was Sec 3 I think. A very different experience, especially when I paired up with Yimeng.
“感谢我不可以拥抱你的背影, 所以才能变成你的背影... ...”
升龙湾有感
Bye Ha Long Bay..
Yimeng posing at this cafe with a personalised theme.
Signs of national education success.
We now know Uncle Leon has a kiddy side too... Told you I love our trip. After leaving the "luxurious cruise", we returned to Hanoi, only to stay at this high-end Frasers suite that made us feel like expatriates, even if it's for one night. (One night is really enough, given the cost..) Must thank Zhehan for the lobang.
This was when we
fooled around made use of the kitchen. Yimeng got down to making us supper, which was supposed to be fish, but he bought frog's legs instead because he said he could not make out the contents in the packing he got from a nearby supermarket. He does look pretty happy about that though. And I must say his frog's legs tasted not bad, though he admitted it is the sauce he bought. In return, me and Leon helped washed his clothes... with a washing machine.
Starting to get what I mean when I said it was high-end? There were like 3 bedrooms and 2 toilets, with a study and a hall.. Ladies, I am proud to present: the SNAGs. Very domestic indeed.
Tsk tsk Zhehan how can you sit and watch (tv) while the two are hard at work!

Envoy of the Stars @ 11:24 PM
-------------------------------
Voices in the Distant
Credits
Project Sanctuary Starry Night
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
July 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
February 2013
April 2013
July 2013
August 2013
November 2013
February 2014
March 2014
March 2015