
East Hokkaido Getaway Part 3
Wednesday, July 02, 2008
In the early morning of our 4th day in Hokkaido, Lake Akan, we went on a short boat cruise to tour the lake. Having been to the onsen for three times in three consecutive days, I must say I had grown quite used to the practice of having to go into the pool naked. (I don't know, to some it might actually be quite difficult) Japanese people are quite hard to fathom. Just a random remark, but that's how I feel. Not like I have talked to many Japanese (I might get the chance when I go backpacking) but it's just the feeling that they are actually quite used to hiding their emotions behind a facade. As my tour guide said, Japanese don't like to show their true feelings. 不晓得他们是“小不忍则乱大谋”还是依照他们传统的武士道。不过,孔子说:“君子不同而合,小人同而不合。”但他老人家没说流于表面的“和”有多少可信度。日本人自称“大和民族”,他们的根追溯起来可能还得说到徐福,这里就跳过。但“大和民族”或许民族间很和睦,(跟中国的改朝换代比起来,大和民族比较少废除皇帝,取而代之的记录)但他们对于他国人民,或许就没有那么客气了。(有第二次世界大战为铁证,也是许多人心中那道无法弥补的伤痕)不管如何,我想了解这样一个文化上几百,甚至几千年前就曾与中华文化有交流来往,近代却受到西方影响甚巨的国家到底是什么样的。他们文化核心,他们信奉的武士道,他们的民族意识,这些当然已经历了无数变化,但我愿意以小民的身份聆听他们小民的声音。 同时,这一趟让我更了解日本史,日本其实值得更理性的探讨,探讨它的成功和先进,这是物质、现实上的对照,目前有些地方,有些民众还有仇日情绪,这些是历史的后遗症,而有些症状时没有解药的,或许只有疫苗可以有所帮助。这世界永远需要更多包容、了解,但难就难在实际行动。 让我想起的一件事是:一个国家是先有文化为基础,还是先有实力为后盾。不过有一点值得注意,就是不管是什么国家,都是靠着政、经、军崛起、再受到国际瞩目,在国际舞台稳站已一席之地,过后才有发展软实力,发扬自身文化的机会和能力。感觉上,搞好政、经、军,才有筹码广播文、史、哲。只是一己之见。
No that definitely isn't Mt Fuji..
The ferry terminal.
The waters are so clear and clean, unlike the polluted waters of Ha Long Bay in Hanoi, which was a waste in my opinion, because Ha Long Bay is really quite scenic.
A spherical sea weed that is found at the bottom of Lake Akan. It's called marimo.
Head of the Marimo Family.
Marimo has actually become a mascot of Hokkaido, as you can see from here, where soft toys are made to resemble them.
Bading goodbye to Lake Akan.
Fisherman's Wharf Moo at Kushiro.
Fruits are quite expensive over in Japan. Take, for example, bananas cost about 400 yen (about SGD5 plus) per bunch when one bunch of about 20 bananas cost only SGD1.20 in Vietnam...
The phone designs in Japan are simply astounding. But I observed that most of their designs come in clamshells.
All kinds of bread for my picking in the supermarket. Another reason I like that place. You don't necessarily need to go Breadt*lk to for a wide selection of bread.
My favourite Melon Pan.
View from Kushiro Prince Hotel.
The two paper cranes were supposed to represent good luck. (I think)
Buffet Dinner at the Skylounge in Prince Hotel was luxurious. It offered a good spread and the ambience was great. I sat there for hours enjoying a good overview of the city.
Envoy of the Stars @ 11:25 PM
-------------------------------
Voices in the Distant
Credits
Project Sanctuary Starry Night
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
February 2012
March 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012
July 2012
August 2012
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
February 2013
April 2013
July 2013
August 2013
November 2013
February 2014
March 2014
March 2015